Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Having Fun!

We have been having a wonderful Christmas vacation (stay-cation). Did some visiting, but lots of time relaxing at home. I have been watching old movies and doing some creating.

I knitted a quick hat for my DH. The pattern is called "the Marsan Watchcap", the only thing that I changed in the pattern is that I made cuff and the main part of the hat longer than the pattern called for. I used Patons Classic wool and I always find that it tends to get short and wide once it is washed - so that is why I made the pattern longer. The hat seemed very tight at first but it turned out the right size. I made the large size (88 stitches on size 7 (US) needles).
I searched Ravelry for the pattern - if you have never heard of it, you should check it out. You can search for knitting patterns specific to the project you want to make and the type of yarn that you have - it's fantastic!!

I have been working on the Romanian Point Lace table center. I also finished making the over 2 meters of decorative braid for around the outside!! The start of the braid is slightly tighter than the end (I started it in the summer) - hopefully it won't be too noticeable when it is all finished.

I have been working on a couple of mini quilts using reproduction fabric.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...