Thursday, February 10, 2011

Machine Quilting

Today I quilted a lap quilt that my sister made.

The pattern is Friendship Braid (without the borders) from "Jelly Roll Quilts" by Pam and Nicky Lintott. It is made from one jelly roll (Heritage 1846 by Howard Marcus) and measures 43" x 54".

She chose an all over meander pattern and the quilt has wool batting and flannel backing. I quilted it with Aurifi 50wt thread - I started with a beautiful, variegated "Tutti" thread by Wonderfil (also a 50wt thread but thicker than Aurifl 50wt), but it kept breaking and was too frustrating to work with, so I switched to the reliable Aurifil.

This is my set up when I quilt a large quilt - I replace the little plexiglas sewing machine table with an old countertop that my DH made into a sewing machine table - set up on my dining room table - this works great to hold all the weight of a large quilt (the dining room table has been moved to be closer to a plug and so I can see/hear the TV).

The hibiscus had an unusual flower this week.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...