Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Henrietta Whiskers

I finished this months Henrietta Whiskers BOM -

My fabric is so busy, definitely "out of the box for me", but lots of fun.

The six blocks so far - three more blocks and the border to go. The patterns for this BOM are still available.

I was given this quilt to machine quilt. It is a quilt that someone in my Mother's quilting group made for Quilts of Valor - Canada, I am honoured to be quilting it. I think I will quilt a feathered wreath in the large Canadian flag fabric square. She used spray baste to put all the layers together - it will be great to quilt without having to worry about pins.

I am using my regular machine quilting set-up of an old piece of counter top - this makes all the difference in quilting a large quilt.

It just sits on little pieces of 2x4 - pretty easy (to set up and to store).

I am very pleased that I planted all the gardens, especially as it has now turned cold and rainy (good quilting weather!). Here are some pictures of my yard.

I know things are just waiting to grow! (That soil might look nice - but it is really just hard lumps of clay - it always amazes me that little seeds grow in it.)

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...