Monday, November 7, 2011

Finished Art Quilts


I finished up the three art quilts I made for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (Michele has a great little video and pictures on her blog of the AAQI booth at the Houston quilt festival this year - they sold over 1000 art quilts this year!)


This is the one from yesterday.


This one has a picture that was made with Photoshop Elements (I copied a postcard from my Grandmother from the early 1900's and added some other photos) and printed it on fabric. I free motion quilted "Love" on the side - first try at writing in FMQ. It is 8" x 10+1/2"


This one is my favourite - I love the colours and I had so much fun with the free motion quilting. I used Invisafil thread for most of it and


I tried some rayon thread as an accent (this one is by Gutermann). I think I will be buying more rayon thread!
This little quilt is 8" x 10".


I finished stitching the binding this afternoon and I thought the spools of Aurifil thread were so beautiful - such pretty colours.

I have really enjoyed making these quilts and will be making more - they are a great way to try new techniques and are so quick to make (they have to be no larger than 9" x 12"). Great way to use up little leftovers too.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...