Monday, February 9, 2015

Storm at Sea Quilt Finished

I finished the Storm at Sea quilt!


This is the first proper quilt I have finished since last April! I used a walking foot to quilt simple wavy lines. It is the first time I have done this type of quilting, and I think that free motion quilting is easier.


This was a really lovely quilt to piece - I pieced it last spring. When I was quilting I was surprised how well it was pieced - if I do say so myself! The ruler for cutting the pieces worked so well - it was easy to cut and even easier to piece. I love Creative Grids rulers, this one is the Storm at Sea ruler - it really is ingenious!


This is a photo from last May, when all the individual blocks were pieced,


and this photo is how I lined up the points with a pin, to make sure they matched.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...