Monday, March 5, 2018

Finished Fleece

Last fall I was given a raw fleece from a local farmer that raises sheep for meat.


This was my first raw fleece that I cleaned and processed myself. I bought hand combs and thought it would take me a year to finish.


I am pleased to say that I finished spinning it! This pile represents 880g of fibre combed and spun into 1845m (2,018 yds), and 578g (20.4 oz) of yarn - it is about fingering/sock weight. 



I also finished knitting a pair of socks. These were knit with yarn from a double strand sock blank that I had dyed in a gradient on a diagonal, so it created micro stripes. I used one end of the balls for the contrasting heels and toes.


Since I always have socks on the needles I started another pair using some hand spun yarn.

For sewing this week I kept up to date with the two quilt alongs that I am participating in -


This quilt block is the Antebellum Album block #2 from Civil War Quilts blog (12" block).


And this quilt block is last week's 1880 Sampler Quilt from Temecula Quilt Company blog (4" block).

All the best!♥︎
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...