Monday, April 16, 2012
Bali Baby Jane
I finished the little Bali Baby Jane quilt. It is 16" square.
I made four 4.5" Dear Jane blocks, just to try out some of the patterns and fell in love with them. I now have plans (and more importantly fabric from my stash) to make some more. I will be using reproduction fabrics for a more traditional look.
I am planning on making a few blocks a week (it seems like lots of quilters have some Dear Jane blocks lying around, so I will see what comes of my plans!).
I used wool batting and added the binding before quilting the border (but I didn't stitch the binding to the back until it was all quilted), so that I would be able to fill the area with feathers.
I used Bottom Line thread (a 60Wt polyester thread) in the top and bottom for the machine quilting, plus a #70 Titanium Top Stitching needle by Organ for the first time. They both worked very well and I have been using the titanium needle ever since for piecing - they are supposed to last a lot longer than regular needles.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!❤