Friday, May 4, 2012

Friendship Mini Sampler Quilt Part 1

Starting the mini sampler with Fast Flying Geese.


You will need -
                one 3+1/4"  square of print print fabric
                four 1+7/8" squares of background fabric

All the blocks in the mini sampler are made from 2 fabrics (most are a print and a "background" fabric, although two days will be different). I used different fabrics for every block - different colours, with beige backgrounds -  very scrappy - don't be surprised if they are the same as last week's tutorials ;-).

My tutorial for the fast flying geese is found here.


The units are trimmed to 1+1/2"x2+1/2" rectangles.


Sew the four units together.

Part 1 finished!

10 comments:

Marga (MarPie) said...

It is not on my planning list to start a new one but because it is yours I will join you. Thanks Joanne, I like this. Going to start now an make a day picture of it.

Kind regards,
Marga♥

sophie said...

I've a lot of work in progress but I want to join me to do this sampler, thank for your information

Barb said...

wow - those are such tiny little Flying Geese - how fun.

Deanna said...

Tempting...and I have succumbed! I will be making mine blue/yellow (I think).

Sheila said...

Just completed my little blocks , that is a fascinating way to make the flying geese , thanks. Mine are in shades if pink.

Sylke said...

Joanne, thank you so much for sharing!

Raewyn said...

Thanks Joanne - I will be sewing some up this morning - just have to rummage through my scraps and see what colours I will use.

Doniene said...

I've been resisting and not joining in on any new sew a longs - but just can't resist this one!! Looks fun, and I'm learning some new techniques!
Thanks

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Ok--I give in--
tomorrow or the next day--
ahhhh--better be tomorrow hu???
if we are getting new parts each day!!!!
Have a fun week end--
Hugs, Di and kitty

Helen said...

Jumping in late on this - starting on this one now - hoping to catch up today!