Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October Free Motion Quilting Challenge

I finished up this month's Sew Cal Gal Free Motion Quilting Challenge piece.


The teacher this month is the talented Teri Lucas.

I did my sample on one of the rectangles in my sample quilt (I already did a FMQ sample on satin earlier this week).


I started by drawing out my name,


and then adding some different motifs. I echoed those designs, and then divided up the area to add background fillers.


I used a few different weights of thread for this (50 Wt Aurifil, 100Wt InvisaFil and 30Wt Sulky variegated).

Another fun challenge! Thank-you Teri and SewCalGal.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

It is lovely. The block letters look fantastic.

Raewyn said...

I love how you did your name - very original - and also your feathers are a bit fancy with the extra details - very nice!!

Ruth said...

Your FMQ challenge piece is super this month! I think I'll work on mine today. I need to get it done and also do a make-up one for September.

Quilting Babcia said...

Your lettering is so nice, did you free-hand draw the letters or stencil them? Beautiful quilting.

Sharon said...

I am enjoying watching your FMQ challenge parts. I wish I had known about it earlier as I might have joined in the fun. Question: Did you have to start and stop in order to get your name to look like that? Love it!

Mary Schroeder said...

Love the use of an open font.YOu have some really good work going on here.