Saturday, November 19, 2016

Circa 2016 Medallion Quilt Top

The fabric for the plain (floater) borders for my medallion quilt came, and I was able to finish piecing the quilt top.




 With the final border it is about 89"x94". It is all ready for quilting now!


While I was waiting for my fabric to do a scenic tour of Canada (it was lost in transit for awhile), I knit a hat from some leftover yarn that I spun last year. The pattern is Folkston by Susan Mills.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the quilt looks great!

QuiltShopGal said...

What an amazing quilt. Love your knit hat too. Total #CreativeGoodness

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

LuAnn said...

Oh my! I am making the Circa 2016 quilt, also. Yours is a treasure! I love your extra borders. I may need to follow suit ;)
Just Beautiful! Thank you for showing us all.

Penny P said...

I love your design of the medallion; great complementary block choices to make all the small blocks intoa big quilt.

Sally Hurley said...

It's been great watching this quilt come together. Can't wait to see it quilted.

Sue SA said...

This quilt has finished up just beautifully, all the extra borders make it just sing.

Ariane said...

Your quilt looks amazing!!! I really love the additional borders you added. The hat you knit is beautiful too.

Chookyblue...... said...

Wow the top is beautiful......

Jean Etheridge said...

Love your additions to bring it to bed size, especially the outer border. Mine is the original pattern size, Anne that is lots of piecing before your wonderful borders!

scrappy101 said...

love it

Quilter Kathy said...

It's gorgeous Joanne! I just love it!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Your Circa quilt is just amazing! When Kathy said it 'grew' , she was so right. BUT how fantastic!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Linked up to your page today to share your Circa quilt!